With Water Wise Guidelines introduced to the Sydney Metropolitan region from December 1 2020, now is the best time to get a new lawn established in Sydney.
Not only does new turf have more relaxed guidelines, providing more manageable schedule, but established turf also has more straightforward rules. This means from laying down your turf through to maintaining it after it has taken root, you will have a more seamless watering solution.
Take advantage of the new guidelines and make sure that your lawn is installed now! Sydney Lawn and Turf can supply turf to you and help you achieve a lush green lawn.
Why should you install turf now?
- Water Wise Guidelines allows new turf to be watered at any time for up to 28 days of purchase.
- There are fewer restrictions, making it easier to support the healthy growth of established turf.
- The recent amount of frequent and steady rainfall will provide a natural water supply for your lawn.
Watering your new turf
To encourage the establishment of new turf, Sydney Water states that newly laid grass can be watered at any time for up to 28 days of the installation (according to the care instructions provided by the supplier).
This means anytime during the 28 days, as followed by the directions of your turf supplier, you can water your grass as required without restrictions.
After the 28 days, you will then need to follow the relaxed guidelines. This means you can water your grass before 10 am or after 4 pm, with the recommend watering methods (see below for the approved methods).
Water guidelines for lawns and gardens
With the new Water Wise Guidelines, it is even easier to maintain an established lawn while still being mindful of our freshwater supply. Here are things you can and can’t do to your lawn:
Allowed watering methods for established turf
- Standard sprinklers and watering systems (before 10 am or after 4 pm)
- Hand-held hose with a trigger nozzle (before 10am or after 4pm)
- Drip irrigation or smart water systems at any time
- Recycled water and greywater at any time
For further information on the Water Wise Guidelines, contact Sydney Water or visit their website for more information. Alternatively, you can give our friendly staff a call on 1800 458 859 to discuss water restrictions or to order your new turf.