1. What sort of turf grass is right for my requirements?
On our Turf Varieties page we go through all the various turf grasses and what they are best for.
2. How do I get on with looking after my new lawn if water restrictions are reintroduced?
New water exemption for residential customers with new or renovated homes. Residential customers should contact Sydney Water on 13 20 92 during business hours and select ‘Option 2 for Water Restrictions’.
3. How do I know how much turf to order?
What is the approximate price of turf?
Prices will vary with turf type. Let us give you a no obligation quote.
Does Sydney Lawn & Turf Supplies provide turf installation services or do you just supply the turf?
We supply and lay the turf, we do not do any of the preparation work but we can put you in contact with somebody who does all this.
4. Is the cost of laying the turf built into the quote or is this quoted separately?
This is a separate quote and the cost will vary depending on the site and access to the area.
5. Do you deliver your turf?
You buy direct from us and we do the delivery.
6. How big are the rolls of turf and how much do they weigh?
The usual roll size is 1.7 metres long and 0.6 metres wide (totaling 1 square metre). The weight will vary from 4kg to 10kg depending on variety and weather. If we have had rain, this will add to the weight.
7. I don’t have much spare time to do this can you provide help?
We work closely with others in the landscape business and can recommend professional landscapers to prepare and lay your new lawn, just contact us.
8. My lawn is only postage stamp size, can you help with this?
No order is too big or too small.
9. What sort of lead time is required for delivery of my order?
You tell us when you want it delivered. Same day delivery can also be made for your convenience.
10. Do I have to lay the lawn immediately or can I leave it for a few days?
Turf is a living, breathing plant and needs to be installed immediately it is delivered. The turf needs to be bought into contact with the topsoil and moisture as soon as possible.
11. Can you supply turf all year round?
Absolutely. As we are located on the Hawkesbury/Nepean River we have an excellent supply of water so we are not affected by drought weather conditions and our turf can be grown under premium conditions. This means you are getting the best turf possible.
12. When is the best time to lay our new lawn?
Your new lawn can be laid at any time of the year.
- A lawn put down in down in warmer weather will require more water and will take root quicker.
- In the cooler months your lawn will not require as much water but will take longer to get established.
13. Do you do farm gate sales?
No, but you are very welcome to come and visit our farms. We are very proud of our farms and you can find us at 83 Ridges Lane, Richmond, 602 and 686 Castlereagh Road, Agnes banks and off Springwood Road Agnes Banks. We have over 200 acres in turf.
14. Can I come and pick up my turf myself?
Absolutely. Just let us know how much turf you need and we can advise you on the size of vehicle you will need.
15. Will I be able to prepare and lay my lawn? How much outside help will I need?
We can provide you with all the information and instructions you need to get the best results from our turf. With our step be step plan we take you from the preparation of your land right through to the laying and the maintenance after of your lawn for the following years.
16. Will I be able to talk to someone should I run into any problems?
We don’t think you will have any problems but you can be assured we are certainly available for hands on advice. When you are successful at laying out turf then we are successful.